We recommend the following method to wash our sheepskin rugs:
- Machine or hand wash in cold or warm water (water not to exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit). We recommend the use of Pure Castile, biodegradable camp soaps or Eucalan Wool wash: Do not use Woolite or laundry detergents such as Tide.
- You can spot shampoo areas of the sheepskin, and vacuum to get dirt out, so as not to get the entire sheepskin wet, because each washing will take away a bit of shine and luster.
- Line dry or dry flat and stretch to shape while damp. For best results, the sheepskin should be brushed with a wire brush when wet, when damp and then when dry. Do not tumble dry your sheepskin.
- Sheepskin may also be dry-cleaned using either white spirits, hydrocarbon or perchlorethylene.
- Severe heat will damage sheepskins resulting in shrinking and hardening of the pelts.
- Euclean Wool wash can be purchased through us. Please call 1-888-751-1300 to place your order.
- As stated above, please only use detergents which are non-alkaline, non-iconic and do not contain biological enzymes. Bleach / enzymes degrade the tanned leather causing damage to the sheepskin.
- A vigorous shake will help restore the soft, fluffy appearance of the wool. Any fold marks from packaging will disappear once the skin has been removed from the package for several days. We do not guarantee the skins through washing, because some will not follow the instructions properly, but if you do follow the instructions you should not have a problem.
Should you wish to store your Sheepskin at any time, place it in a cool airy place avoiding direct sunlight. Packaging in plastic bags for an extended period of time is not recommended as the Sheepskin fibers will not breathe and condensation may occur in warm conditions.
PO Box 84
Strausstown, PA 19559 US